Followers

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Rest and Refreshment


Normally, I like to write my own blog copy and just throw in some quotes from other places to help make a point, but I just loved these last couple of devotionals from Jesus Calling by Sarah Young. If you haven't figured it out yet, I love that book. This is actually the second year I am using it as a daily devotional.

Anyway, the message from the last two days (Feb. 7 and 8) clearly lines up with the message of rest I wanted to share and so I would like to share some of this copy with you today. See if it resonates with you the way it did with me.

Feb. 7
"Come to Me for rest and refreshment. The journey has been too much for you, and you are bone-weary. Do not be ashamed of your exhaustion. Instead see it as an opportunity for Me to take charge of your life.

"Remember, that I can fit everything into a pattern for good [see Rom. 8:28], including the things you wish were different. Start with where you are at this point in time and space, accepting that this is where I intend you to be. You will get through today one step, one moment at a time. ...

"Your desire to live in My Presence goes against the grain of 'the world, the flesh, and the devil.' Much of your weariness results from your constant battle against these opponents. However, you are on the path of My choosing, so do not give up! "


Feb. 8
"I am above all things: your problems, your pain, and the swirling events in this ever-changing world. When you behold My Face, you rise above circumstances and rest with Me in heavenly realms. ... I guarantee that you will always have problems in this life, but they must not become your focus. When you feel yourself sinking in the sea of circumstances, say 'Help me, Jesus!' and I will draw you back to Me. If you have to say that thousands of times daily, don't be discouraged. I know your weakness, and I meet you in that very place."

Rest in Him

No comments:

Post a Comment